DALON self-lubricating Powder Metallurgy Product,powder bronze bush,sintered metal product is a metallic component with high porosity (20-25% in volume), impregnated in a lubricant oil. The oil contained in the porosity provides a constant lubrication between bearing and shaft, so the system does not need any additional external lubricant. Self-lubrication allows this type of sliding bearing to work under hydrodynamic conditions, resulting in a very low friction coefficient.
DALON Self-lubricating sintered bearings have some advantages compared to other types of dry sliding bearings:
– Reliability. The constant oil presence eliminates the risk of seizure, and allows the bearing to work during thousands of hours without wear.
– Economy. Maintenance-free, no need for lubricants.
– Performance. Able to work under loads of up to 10 MPa, and speeds up to 2.5 m/s. The maximum working PV is is the range of 2.45 N/mm2•m/s, but can be surpassed in special cases. The dimensional precision is very high (up to IT 5 in diameter), and produces extremely low noise.
The main applications for DALON self-lubricating sintered bearings are:
1. Automotive electrical or mechanical equipment, such as:
– Active driving elements: Brakes, steering, transmission, shock absorbers, …
– Cooling: Radiator, fans, cooling systems, ….
– EGR systems.
– Fuel pumps.
– Comfort and Security: Wipers, window regulation, mirrors, seats, sunroofs, …
2. Universal or customized electric motors and gearboxes of medium-low power.
3. Linear and rotary actuators, pneumatic, hydraulic and electromagnetic.
4. Household appliances: Washing machines, fans, extractor fans, shaving machines, depilators, juicers, rostisserie, air conditioning, handtools, coffee machines, wishking machines, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, boilers, etc.
5. Home appliances: Locks, garage doors, awnings, roller shutters, sliding windows, office swivel chairs, trolley rolling wheels, hinges, furnitures, gardening, etc.
6. Industrial: Bottling machinery, carpenter machinery, assembly machinery in general, automation, key duplicating machines, sewing machines, industrial vehicles, electrical switchgears, mobility, medical, catering, farm machinery, toys, etc.
The manufacturing process of sintered components is certified as ecological, because the material waste is very low, the product is recyclable, and the energy efficiency is good because the material is not molten.